“How to Guide” for the rail industry
‘How to’ Guide for the rail industry
PRB are often asked by potential Clients what they need to do to become a member of RISQS. Which documentation is required and how quickly can becoming a member be achieved?
For guidance, please see below the steps required to clarify this process.
- Firstly, you will need to complete registration form via the RISQS website, it’s the big RED button in the top right hand corner of the RISQS website, www.risqs.org. Then choose the profile that suits your Product Code selection. The application is set out into 4 sections; about you, the company check, Your company and payment
Once all the fields have been completed, the on-line form can be submitted.
- RISQS will check the application form and if there are no queries, RISQS will generate logins for the online questionnaire. The table below sets out the costs of registration. Keep in mind this is an annual subscription fee.
Tier Number of codes £ excluding VAT
1 1 code only 349.00
2 2-24 codes 549.00
3 25-199 codes 875.00
4 200–unlimited codes 1275.00
- Once you have paid the registration invoice an email will be sent to you with instructions of how to create your login detail to RISQS. Once this has been done you will be able to view your home page.
- Login to your home page and complete the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ)* and submit back to RISQS. PRB Consulting can help you through this process.
- Once the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire has been checked and approved by RISQS your company will show as ‘live’ within the RISQS community.
You can now arrange and pay for an audit. The lead time for an audit can be up to 3 months
- The audit will need to be paid before you can book your Audit date with the RISQS team.
If you intend to sponsor staff under the Sentinel Scheme it is compulsory to become a member of CIRAS. This is the Confidential Incident Reporting & Analysis Scheme, and you can apply for membership via their website, www.ciras.org.uk. Alternatively, you can call them on 0203 142 5369. Once you have paid the membership fee they will issue you with unique login details and a certificate of membership. This will need to be uploaded in to the online PQQ.
It is also compulsory to have a “For Cause” agreement in place. This can be taken out with PRB Consulting, just give us a call to arrange. This ensures that a 24hour call out services is in place should you have a member of staff involved in an incident/accident or near miss, or if they are suspected of being under the influence of drugs or alcohol whilst on duty. This guarantees that the staff member involved will be tested within 2 hours. We would point out that this cost only covers the agreement, call outs are an additional cost.
How can PRB Support your organisation through this process?
At any stage of the above process, PRB Consulting are with you every step of the way to make the whole process as seamless as possible.
PRB Consulting can provide its clients with a reduced rate ‘For Cause’ contract.
* The online PQQ can be quite daunting at first glance. PRB Consulting can help you complete this successfully. Contact us for support.
** The duration of the audit will be dependent upon the codes selected and will be a minimum of One day, and possibly up to five days!
Audit fees: the fee for audits is currently £1335.00 including vat per day.